George Carlin was an interesting, often smut-mouthed, inventive comedian, thinker and writer. His ability to dissect words and find creative humor was his strength. I love words so I’m enjoying his story and am enticed by his twisted-unique mind.
For example, his “Questions.” These questions merit thought, but you are left scratching your head for insightful answers. At the end, his questions leave you frustrated and bamboozled. These George Carlin quotes are loaded with thought provoking queries.
· What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
· Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
· Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
· When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
· Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"
· Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?
· What if there were no hypothetical questions?
· Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
How did he come up with this stuff? What an ingenious and artistic mind George Carlin had. Now, back to my book …