Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Do these things bug you too? What’s on your list?
2. Only 19 days left until school resumes and I return to work with twenty-four second graders: little people who are missing teeth and pick their noses. Sounds like I work at a convalescent home.
3. My neighbor’s goliath RV that blocks our view of the end of the street, city and rest of the outside world. Where is Ty Pennington when you need him? “Move that bus!”
4. We started with three mice, our dachshund ate one. Then one mouse ate the other. Ewwww! It bugs me that we have a lone surviving mouse, Jerry, living in our garage. He is eyeballed by the dog all damn day. Will Jerry ever die? Or should we donate him to a friend’s pet snake? Eeeew again, but what else? Poor things gotta be petrified and bored. Ok, it’s a mouse.
5. Girlfriends that would never, ever leave the house without makeup. What are they hiding under there? It can’t be THAT bad, can it? Two words: Reeee Lax. And that’s coming from me!
8. Skin chaffing. I love the nine-mile unicycle rides sans the skin “fallout.” Time to invest in some special products for those sensitive areas. Half Marathon here I come!
9. Seeing people in clothes swimming in a pool or at the beach. This includes babies wearing only non-swim diapers….fully loaded water absorbed ten-pounder diapers that practically drag in the sand. I don’t get it. I’m happy they are enjoying the water, but it looks uncomfortable to this California girl. Buy a swim diaper or invest in a cheap swimsuit. That is why Target and Wal-Mart were invented, right?