An All-American’s Girls Balancing Act is my tagline and I kid you not on the all-American part. And my attempt to keep balance is no act. My wobbling, pleasantly off-kilter self makes me all the more loveable on and off my unicycle. Where was I going with this? Oh! I am an All-American girl … that I love our flag, the Great U.S. of A., democracy, and the joys of freedom especially flare-up this time of year. I think the summer weather brings on this pleasant feeling, sort of like arthritis in the cold, but in a good way.
What is it about this time of year that I love so much?
1. The delicious smell of the ripe strawberries when I ride Blanche alongside the strawberry fields
2. Flags are waving proudly around the hood
3. The smell of a raging BBQ (OK, that just makes me hungry)
4. Daylight savings time and looooong days
5. Bike riding with my kids
6. Cannon Balls in Grandma’s pool
7. The sweet blooming jasmine
8. No school or work for 10 amazing weeks
9. The grass is green and healthy everywhere I look
10. Three words: Red. White. Blue.